Saturday, September 9, 2017
Learn the basics of bookbinding in this one-day workshop. You will learn the terms used in bookbinding, familiarize yourself with the tools, and create samples of simple books including: 2 or 3 stitched pamphlets, a Japanese stab binding and a long stitch leather book.
Materials, safety issues and different styles of bookbinding will be discussed. You will go home with at least four finished books. No previous experience necessary.
Instructor: Spike Minogue
Workshop Cost: $70.00 CBBAG members, $80.00 non-members
Material Fee: $15.00 (paid in cash to the instructor at the workshop)
Location: Routhier Community Centre (1st floor), 172 Guiges Ave, Ottawa (Parking is free)
Time: 10:00 to 16:30
Register on Eventbrite: Bookbinding 101
Registration deadline: Thursday, Sept 7, 2017 at noon
Come back again in early September to view the full list of scheduled workshops for our 2017-2018 season. In the meantime, have a creative summer! See our list of past workshops, for an idea of the types of workshops we offer.
Workshop policy and other information
- Registration is open when full details of the workshop are made available, usually a month and a half, if not longer, prior to the event date.
- Workshops are limited to eight participants (some exceptions apply), and generally run from 10:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (full details available with the course descriptions).
- Cancellations are accepted and fees refunded if requested two and a half weeks or more prior to the workshop date. Thereafter, the amount will be reimbursed only if the “ticket” can be resold prior to the workshop date. The CBBAG Ottawa Valley Chapter reserves the right to cancel workshops two and a half weeks prior to their commencement due to insufficient enrollment; fees for cancelled workshops will be fully refunded. Due to the intensive nature of CBBAG workshops, it is not possible to make up missed days; fees cannot be refunded.
- Participants are responsible for arriving on time at the correct location.
- Material fees are paid to the instructor at the beginning of the workshop. If applicable, cost is mentioned in the workshop details.
- Tools and materials are supplied at the workshop, unless otherwise noted; participants may also bring their own hand tools if they wish.
- Participants should plan to bring a picnic lunch. At Routhier Community Centre, 172 Guigues Ave, Ottawa, there is a kettle and microwave available, and a few places within walking distance to get coffee and lunch.
- CBBAG instructors have the right to dismiss disruptive students; fees cannot be refunded.
- Photography is permitted only for personal use; otherwise, permission must be obtained in writing from CBBAG.
Questions, comments, suggestions? Write to us at email@example.com
See our list of past workshops, for an idea of the types of workshops we offer.